Please Note: Due to the dynamic landscape of health insurance today, this list is subject to change and/or restrictions. For a full and comprehensive list, please call our office at (516) 731-3583 and ask for our billing department. We will be happy to contact your provider for you and find out your specific coverage.
The following insurance we accept:
- All No-Fault Carriers
- All 3rd Party Liability Carriers
- All Worker’s Compensation Carriers, including “special arrangement” companies (contract or vendor assignment required), such as: Dept. of Labor, FDNY, Magnacomp, NYC Law Dept., NYPD
- 1199 SEIU National Benefit Fund
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- Aetna Orthonet
- American Plan Administrators
- Americhoice (now called United Healthcare Community Plan effective 1/1/11)
- APWU Health Plan
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield – all plans
- Champ VA
- Christian Brothers Services
- Cigna Orthonet
- Comprehensive Benefits Fund
- Delta Health Systems
- Easy Choice Plan
- Emblem Health
- First United American Life
- GHI Medicare Advantage
- Great West Healthcare (underwritten by Cigna)
- Health Plan Operations
- Health Republic Insurance of NY (underwritten by Magnacare)
- Healthnet Orthonet
- Highmark BCBS Medicare Advantage
- HIP Queens-Long Island Medical Group
- Humana Choice Care PPO – NOT MEDICARE ADVANTAGE PLAN
- International Benefits Administrators
- Mail Handlers Benefit Plan
- Mediblue BCBS Medicare Advantage
- Medicare Part B
- Multiplan (encompasses many insurance companies – if card says Multiplan anywhere, we can accept)
- NALC Health Benefit Plan
- North Shore LIJ Care Connect
- Oscar (underwritten by Magnacare)
- Palmetto GBA Railroad Medicare
- Self Pay
- The Empire Plan (NYSHIP)
- Tricare PGBA
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare Community Plan (formerly Americhoice, name change 1/1/11)
- United Healthcare Medicare Advantage
- US Family Health Plan
Who pays for the treatment?
In most cases, health insurance will cover your treatment. Be sure to talk to our Receptionists so we can help clarify your insurance coverage.
Can I go to any Physical Therapy clinic?
In most cases, you have the right to choose any Physical Therapy clinic. Our practice is a provider for wide variety of insurance plans. The best thing to do is give us a call and we will attempt to answer all of your questions.
Billing for Physical Therapy services is similar to billing at a doctor’s office. When you are seen for treatment, the following occurs:
- The Physical Therapist bills your insurance company, Workers’ Compensation carrier, or charges as a self-pay based on Common Procedure Terminology codes.
- Those codes are transferred to a billing form that is either mailed or electronically communicated to the insurer, or payer.
- The Payer processes this information and makes payments according to an agreed upon fee schedule.
- An Explanation of Benefits (EOB) is generated and sent to the patient and the Physical Therapy clinic, with a check for payment and a balance due by the patient. Sometimes payment is made by electronic transfer.
- The patient is expected to make the payment on the balance (if any).
It is important to understand that there are many small steps within the process. At any time along the way, information may be missing, misscommunicated, or misunderstood. This can delay the payment process. While it is common for the payment process to be completed in 60 days or less, it is not uncommon for the Physical Therapy clinic to receive payment as long as six months after the treatment date.